PDF Metamorphosis .Net is a component
to convert Text, RTF, XHTML and HTML to PDF
with tables, images, fonts, colors and text formatting completely. Our tool is absolutely independent C# assembly, it doesn't require any additional components. Our component reads HTML and RTF documents directly converts it to PDF without Adobe Acrobat® or MS Office®.
The PDF Metamorphosis .Net is just a class library. To deploy it you will need only two lines of code. By the instrumentality of our C# assembly you will add these functions into your application:
- Convert RTF to PDF.
- Convert HTML to PDF.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
The PDF Metamorphosis requires only .Net 1.1 platform or above. Using the PDF Metamorphosis you can easily create any type of a 32-bit or 64-bit .NET application including ASP.NET, Web Services and WinForms. Our tool is Multi-Platform component, you may use it to build your application with Mono platform for Linux and Mac (http://www.mono-project.com).
The component is completely created with managed C#.
Nothing special, only .Net 1.1 platform or higher.
Supported File Formats
The Metamorphosisis can transform HTML, XHTML, RTF and Text documents into PDF documents.
- any version of HTML, like a
HTML 3.2, HTML 4.01 with CSS and XHTML. Our component doesn't require any special version of HTML format it will work with any version. Component also support CSS styles, these styles are supported now:
- any version of RTF files and text files.
Output format: PDF 1.4. It's absolutely compatible with any PDF readers, like a Actobat Readear etc.
The PDF Metamorphosis can convert XHTML, HTML and RTF to PDF documents with such advantages:
- converting of remote HTML documents;
- converts images(.gif, .jpg, .bmp and .png);
- converts remote http:// images;
- nested tables;
- CSS styles;
- font face, color, size;
- page alignment;
- bold, italic and underline, strike and other rich formatted text;
- special characters;
- automatic encoding select (Windows-1251, etc..);
- select page size (A4, B5, Letter...);
- select page orientation (Landscape or Portrait);
- select page margins;
- Supports all HTML tags and special characters, such as & <, � - ÿ 	 - я etc.
- Created with only pure C#
- Absolutely standalone, you will need to include only "PdfMetamorphosis.dll" into your application
- No other dependencies
- Reads RTF, HTML files and writes PDF directly
- Does not require installed Microsoft Office ® or Adobe Acrobat ® on the computer
- Works on any .Net platform (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 etc)
- Works with Windows and even with Linux and Mac (thanks to Mono project http://www.mono-project.com)
- Has great abilities to adjust an output PDF, see Methods and properties
Developers can use the PDF Metamorphosis.Net with Visual Basic,
C#, J#, ASP.NET,
Delphi DotNet etc.
Amusing to know
In this manual there a lot info about converting HTML and RTF documents to PDF format. But you will not find any information here how to convert PDF documents to Word. By the way you will find such stuff Here ...